Current Status

Sorry people this blog is Hibernating at the moment. Check out the Japan blog for latest updates

------------------------
-Click on images to supersize them
-Have any questions? Try asking I'll see what I can do.
-People who are reading please give my blog some feedback. I want to improve, and your feed back counts.
- Don't forget to check out my Japan blog

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day in Mongolia 4: Chrismas tree

Back around Christmas time. When Christmas get's near Big Christmas trees pop up around the world. And here are the trees in Mongolia.


Popped out of nowhere at Sukhbaatar square. You can see that it's quite big. Christmas is not a national holiday in Mongolia. Like many other Asian country's, people celebrate it out of interest and because we like festivals. Mostly celebrated by Young people,couples, Christians of Mongolia and big shot company's.




Another one with the iconic polar bear in front of the State Department Store. I like these seasonal festivals they since they happen once a year and unique stuff appears. Things that happen once in a year or once in a very long time should be taken seriously(only the fun ones though ^.^).


 A close up on the polar bear holding his bottle of coke. The story of Sandy Claws...er..I mean Santa Claus  is the same in Mongolia. We call Santa Claus Өвлийн өвгөн аав(Uvliin uvgun aav)=winters grand father. 


 And how can I forget about the top point of the tree the most important part.

Tis the season to be jo~lly lala la la la see you .

No comments:

Post a Comment