Current Status

Sorry people this blog is Hibernating at the moment. Check out the Japan blog for latest updates

------------------------
-Click on images to supersize them
-Have any questions? Try asking I'll see what I can do.
-People who are reading please give my blog some feedback. I want to improve, and your feed back counts.
- Don't forget to check out my Japan blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

About Mongolia 1| Basic Information on Mongolia

Starting a new series. This is going to be a more informative series of posts about Mongolia. But take note that even though I'm Mongolian I might make some tiny nano-like mistakes that which really you guys shouldn't worry about ^.^ .

So let's go. How many of you know where Mongolia is?.Well Let me show you mates.


Mongolia is in the middle of Asia nicely tucked in between Russia and China. Mongolia is a landlocked country we mostly do our trading through China and Russia.
The Capital of Mongolia is Ulaanbaatar (literally-Red Hero).Ulaanbaatar is a Metropolis
Our Population is about 2.700.000 which was in 2009. Now I don't know for sure but maybe around 3.000.000. And Almost 40% of our population lives in our capital.
The land area of Mongolia is 1.564.115.75 km2 (according to wiki).






Mongolia is divided in to 21 Aimag's .Aimag is similar to the prefectures of Japan and states of America. It can be translated into province.

Mongolia, like other Asian countries has a unique culture. The most notable one is our nomadic culture I think. Mongolia's Landscape and Nature are very exotic too.


Our nomadic comrades live in the open. Moving around in their ger (the white tent like house in this picture) herding their cattle,horse,goats,sheep... Some times our nomadic culture overpowers the modern Mongolia And everyone assumes we live like this. So I want to write and show modern Mongolia to the world hehe ^_^.
Most of the population was Nomadic in the Past. But now Nomad's are getting less and less. A lot of people are now moving in to cities or the capital.


Mongolia is also part home to the Gobi dessert which is in the southern part of Mongolia. The Gobi dessert is the fifth largest in the world.


Here we Have our capital and the image of modern Mongolia. Mongolia is a developing country, a fast one. Most foreigners I met only knew of the Nomadic Mongolia with beautiful nature. They didn't know of the Metropolis Mongolia   .Some people even asked if there are horses running in the city.


This is Ulaanbaatar at night. It's getting more and more brighter.

Well this was basic general information of Mongolia. I will make more posts detailing on specific subjects to the best I can in the future. Hope you guys understood and learned at least a few things of Mongolia.

Wiki link- Mongolia

Til the next post.Over!
Баяртай-Bayartai(goodbye).

9 comments:

  1. Hey Munkh~
    i enjoyed reading your blog about japan :)
    Can you write more about your daily life in Mongolia? like what u personally do in ur spare time, what is Mongolian school life like, etc
    I am really interested in the modern Mongolian person's way of life ^^
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sorry for the late reply.

    Yeah I will. I was planning on blogging the daily life here. But I may not be able to post very often. Busy catching up with school and such.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (MergenManiac)

    hey dude, this is actually pretty good way to introduce mongolia, nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey........yamar goe yum be? naashaa yavuulj bolohu? bvgdiig ni . lucky_okla@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi...very nice. can you send me of Mongolian photo and all interesting news before wednesday ? ? . If you send me I will thanks a lot for you. ok...My id is : Tseegii_2065@yahoo.com. I m waiting for you....thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Oirdoo jookhon zavgui bolkhoor shine yum bichij chadakhgui baikh aa. Gekhdee doloo khonogiin suuleer gekhed bichij chadakh baikh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Nice Blog. Keep the blogs going. Your English is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what is mongolia"s main export ? = intrested .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you tell me where i can find some business opportunity in MONGOLIA on access control systems companies or system integration companies?
    please can you help me?
    my e-mail is: da04eng@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete