Current Status

Sorry people this blog is Hibernating at the moment. Check out the Japan blog for latest updates

------------------------
-Click on images to supersize them
-Have any questions? Try asking I'll see what I can do.
-People who are reading please give my blog some feedback. I want to improve, and your feed back counts.
- Don't forget to check out my Japan blog

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day in Mongolia 3: Old buildings


I thought I'd show some pictures of some old buildings I took this week. Starting with


 In the past years there has been LOT's of new buildings being built in Mongolia. Some with new technologies of Korea and Japan (there are places called Korea town and Japan town hehe). But in some of the nooks and crannys left behind A few old buildings still reside.




 This one by the way I just recently discovered. I have no Idea what it was used for, but now it looked abandoned and is just waiting to be demolished. Judging from the looks it might have been a resident house or an organizations headquarters.

 I'd never seen a demolished building up close before.  I had forgotten what the original building was, Although I used to walk by here XP. It kinda looked cool...Is it because I'm a boy?


Most of the old buildings in Mongolia are built of bricks. Nowadays we still use bricks but also we're starting to use cement and other efficient materials. I would've liked to shoot a few videos here using the background. After all you don't see demolished buildings that often.


 Some night shots taken from  the 14th floor of a building. Not as bright as Tokyo or Timesquare but we're getting there :D


If you come to Mongolia be sure to check this spot. Not really a tourist spot but.... It's interesting. It's an abandoned 14 story building that hasn't been in use for over 10 years. Empty without even windows. It's position is really good right around the middle of the city and close to a big department store. The obvious rumor is it's haunted. For the past 10 years it's surrounding changed and developed but only this building remains the same. Kinda like time has stopped on it

ok hope you enjoyed.

bye

1 comment:

  1. Well..14 ,story building, its not abandoned, it was actually never used.

    ReplyDelete